Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Personal Writing Reflection

Name one thing that worked really well for you this week. Why did it seem to work well? How will your writing influence what you work on next week?

One thing that worked really well for me this week was finding topics to write about.  A couple weeks ago we did this type of writing called "Encyclopedia of an ordinary life" which was basically writing little definitions of our favorite words, things, people, places, etc. that fit with our lives.  That seemed to work well for me because I was able to write about something I enjoyed to write about and came easy considering it was things to do with me.  I didn't really have to make up much because it was basically writing about my life in little snip-bits.  How this writing will influence what I work on next week is it will make me put more detail and better word choice into smaller stories, if that is what I decide to write about or am assigned to do next week.  Why that will happen is because these past couple weeks I have had to put lots of details, describing words and good word choice into smaller writing pieces and I intend to do that throughout the rest of the year.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's good that you found a style of writing that you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already tell that you've put a lot of time into adding detail and descriptive words in to your writing! And it sounds great! :) goodluck on the writing in your future :)

    ReplyDelete